How to write a research paper
What academic assignment is more difficult than an essay, but easier than a dissertation? Right, it is a research paper. This type of work is not a piece of cake, but it is not as difficult as it may seem in the beginning. The secret of a good research paper is a structure that you have to follow to achieve the goals of your research. It is not enough to simply select a topic and start free writing. A research paper predetermines that you will follow next steps.
Research Your Topic
The first thing you have to do is to research a chosen topic. This process may cost you a lot of time, but the more you learn about your issue, the more nuanced analysis you will provide. So, search for different opinions, gather statistics, and look through the independent researches to make your paper diversified and argumentative.
Write an Introduction
As a rule, an introduction consists of a few paragraphs. It should not be too long or too short. Depending on a size of a research paper, an introductory part should be on the average about 10% of the entire amount of words. Your goal is to introduce a topic that you are going to research in the paper.
Create a Strong Thesis Statement
Your introduction should always end with a good thesis statement. It is like a bottom line and an argumentation why you are doing this research. A thesis statement consists of one or two sentences which explain the necessity of your research and what goals you set.
Tell About Your Findings
The body of your assignments should provide the readers with information about your findings. Here, you need to support your thesis statements using credible sources, trustworthy opinions, statistic data, and any other objective pieces of evidence which result in an unprejudiced evaluation of your topic.
Summarize Your Paper
Make a conclusion where you tell about the findings which have either satisfied the goals of your research paper or not. You can also write about the new information that you did not expect to find, but discovered over the course of the provided research.
As you see, there is nothing tough about writing a research paper. You need to follow the plan, use credible sources, and support all your ideas with arguments. The only thing that might cause challenges in the beginning is choosing a good topic for your research paper. That’s why we have decided to save your time and relieve you from searching a good topic for a paper. Read our list of research paper topics of different disciplines and find the one which satisfies your requirements the best.
How to Write a Criminal Justice Research Paper
Once you have chosen a topic for your research paper, you need to explore theoretical materials on your issue. Some of these theories will explain the commissions of crime, while others will show how to respond to different types of crimes. After the theoretical part, you have to decide what methods you will apply. The choice of methods depends on a topic and theories that you are going to use. The next step is to conduct research. Your topic is a question that you have to answer using the aforementioned methods and concepts. The final part of your paper is the documentation of all the important details.
Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Could a society survive without police or any other similar institution?
- What are the disadvantages of the witness protection program?
- What makes youth become gang members?
- What are the most effective ways of punishment?
- How can social expectations become the reason for crimes?
- The dependence of a social class and crime
- Should society eliminate parole?
- Is there a correlation between gender and crime?
- What punishment should drunk drivers receive?
- The best methods of preventing home crimes
- How to avoid date rape
- Is jury selection a trustworthy method of justice?
- Serial killers of what type are the most dangerous?
- The causes of juvenile crime
- What are the reasons for a hate crime?
How to Write a Sociology Research Paper
Any paper on a sociological topic should contain a problem or an issue that requires analysis. So, the first thing you have to do is to define a topic that you want to research. After that, you need to explain why studying this issue is important and what problem the discovered results can help to solve. Your research paper will not have academic value if you do not support your analysis with sociological theories. So, find a couple of appropriate theories that you can use to argue your statements. The final thing you have to do is to summarize your findings and apply them to the idea of your research. Explain how your research has satisfied or has not satisfied the goals of your work.
Sociology Research Paper Topics
- Beauty standards in a society
- Does feminism help women to get more equal rights?
- Do TV shows promote the behavior standards?
- At what age should kids be able to change their names?
- Is beauty more important than intelligence today?
- At what age can people get married?
- Is altruism a virtue or a social norm?
- Is good care of children more important than a type of a family: single or gay couples?
- Is family a duty?
- Does good always follow from good?
- What is the role of friendship in the era of social networks?
- Why doing weird things receives more approval from small social groups?
- Where is the line between flirting and sexual harassment?
- The role of trends in people's behavior
- Why do young people strive for popularity?
How to Write a History Research Paper
All history research papers can be divided into those topics which belong to the world history events or the history of a specific country. In general, there is no specific difference between these two types of papers. In both cases, first, you have to choose a specific period of history. For instance, you want to write about Ancient Rome or America during the Civil War. Then, you need to narrow your field of research since each of the chosen periods of history includes hundreds of important events. So, chose the one you are interested in the most. For example, it can be the Causes & Effects of the Collapse of the Roman Empire or the Causes of the American Civil War.
Once you’ve made a decision about a specific event, start gathering historical facts in order to analyze your idea from different perspectives. The more opinions and views your research paper will include, the deeper analysis you will receive. The final stage of your research paper is to unite all the facts and evidences that you have discovered about your topic and apply them to your research.
History Research Paper Topics
- The consequences of the Battle of Hastings for the history of England
- Causes of the French Revolution
- The impact of Karl Marx on communist parties
- The image of African-American soldiers who fought in WWII
- Advantages and disadvantages of British ruling in India
- Compare and contrast British and Roman empires
- Why did Rome fall?
- The level of education in medieval Europe
- The rapid development and prosper of Saudi Arabia
- The tragical consequences of the British colonization of Africa
- The Aztec life before and after the European invasion
- The role of women in WWII
- The religion of Native Americans before the European invasion
- Philosophical aspect of labor unions in the 1800s
- The impact of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 on the city’s architecture
US History Research Paper Topics
- The achievements of the Civil Rights Movement in the USA
- Anti-fascist movements in the United States before WWII
- The hippie culture as a uniquely American phenomenon
- The reasons why America dropped atomic bombs on Japan
- A space race between the U.S. and the Soviet Union
- The invasion of British music into the American culture
- The most prominent figures of the American Revolution
- Differences between the American and the Bolshevik revolutions
- Goals and achievements of the Copper Country strike
- The contribution of the Yalta Conference to the Allies’ victory
- The role of the Operation Paperclip in a space race
- Causes of the American depression in the 1930s
- What actions of Churchill led to the defeats of the British Army during WWI
- The consequences of the Cold War paranoia on the people’s daily lives
- The achievements of the Chicano Movement in the 1960s
World History Research Paper Topics
- What were the reasons for the WWII?
- What are the consequences of the Soviet Union’s collapse?
- What is the role of Crusades for medieval Europe?
- Why did North and South Korea separate?
- Life and death of gladiators in ancient Rome
- How did Alexander the Great conquer Egypt?
- Christianity in Western Europe
- The first invasion of the Huns in Europe
- The purpose of the Great Wall of China
- The causes of the Hundred Years War
- The rise and fall of the First French Empire
- The ruling of the Queen Victoria
- First conquistadors in the New World
- The invention of gunpowder
- The importance of the Silk Road for trade
How to Write a Biology Research Paper
Biology research paper differs from any other types of assignments. Besides the standard parts that every paper includes, a biology paper has to answer “What methods do you use and what results you expect to receive?” So, a well-structured paper begins with an introduction. Here, you have to explain what other researchers have already found out about your topic and why you want to do a research. After that, explain what methods you will apply and why they suit this topic the best. Tell about the results you have achieved using the chosen methods. In the end, summarize all your findings and tell whether they satisfy your goals and expectations.
Biology Research Paper Topics
- Symptoms and causes of type 2 diabetes
- Pros and cons of cloning
- An ethical aspect of euthanasia
- Can people become immortal?
- Advantages and disadvantages of the alternative medicine
- The latest outcomes in autism
- Methods of birth control
- The scientific explanation of human phobias
- How can nanobots improve the effectiveness of medical treatment?
- Why do people need to sleep every day?
- The scientific explanation of hypnosis
- How will human lifespan change in 100 years?
- The connection between genetics and sexual orientation
- The divided opinion on abortion
- Can human genes be modified by medicine in the nearest future?
How to Write a Psychology Research Paper
Writing a psychology research paper has many things in common with writing any other type of a research paper, but there are some differences. For example, your psychology research paper should base on a specific theory, topic, or concept. All your statements should be supported by this scientific data. You cannot make your own suggestions if they are not centered around a psychological theory or a concept.
Start your paper with the goals that you briefly summarize. Then introduce a couple of theories that you are going to use to support your thesis statement. Remember, your research paper cannot be based only on one theory, because then your work will not be objective. Analyze the information you gathered during your research critically and write down the findings and conclusions that you have made.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How can physical exercises improve health?
- Can colors influence our mood?
- The correlation between sleep and stress
- Why do children need to play games?
- How can parents help their children to have good mental health?
- Why are women more prone to suicide?
- What country has the best statistic of mental health?
- How to help mentally ill homeless people
- Why do people require help with their life issues?
- What are the symptoms of mental diseases?
- Can physical violence be ever forgiven?
- How does a pet’s death affect the children’s behavioral patterns?
- Is asexuality a type of sexual orientation?
- What are the symptoms of schizophrenia?
- Reasons why people begin stalking other people
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Why are children more self-destructive?
- How do mental stress and anxiety impact physical wellbeing?
- Can people become violent because of genes?
- Do adopted children have the same mental health as others?
- Why are creative people more mentally unstable?
- How do soldiers cope with post-traumatic stress disorder?
- How to know that you are mentally ill
- What factors make children become violent?
- What role does gender play in modern society?
- What is the connection between children’s and parents’ development?
- The main reasons for anorexia among teenagers
- Why do narcissistic attitudes become stronger in modern society?
- Why do children have anxiety about school?
- Why do people prefer euthanasia?
- What are the reasons for cannibalism in African cultures?
Sometimes, writing a research paper can take too much of your precious time. You might have some other important things to do or simply cannot be able to accomplish an assignment on time. In this case, every student starts thinking about opportunities that would help to solve this problem. Fortunately, if you need a research paper written by an expert and you want to avoid any risks and delays, you will be glad to find professional assistance at PaperCoach.
Our service provides academic writing help for students who for some reason cannot cope with their task alone. We have a huge team of experienced writers of all academic levels from Undergraduate to PhD. They know how to deal with various types of papers and always provide high-quality assignments in accordance with the customers’ instructions.
PaperCoach is the best site to buy a research paper. We have already delivered more than 10,000 orders to our satisfied customers. So, if you are not sure that you can complete your research paper well and on time, leave this task to a professional. Place an order on PaperCoach and forget about all your academic challenges with our help.